Recommended people, products, and resources
Here’s a list of people, products and informational resources that Dr. Kassell wholeheartedly recommends!
- Jennifer Muller, VMD, conventional house call vet in Mt. Airy: 215-704-9009
- Kathy Trow, VMD, Unity Animal Hospital, Wallingford, PA
- Karyn Leibovitz, VMD, Companion Animal Hospital, Center City
- Francie Ruben, VMD, conventional and homeopathic medicine at Rockledge Veterinary Clinic, Rockledge, PA
- Shelley Epstein, VMD, conventional and homeopathic medicine at Wilmington Animal Hospital, Wilmington, DE
- Dr. Brad Bates, 267-317-8110
Dog walking and pet sitting
- April Ziegler, Philadelphia portrait and pet photographer. April took the fabulous photos on this site!
Volunteering and pet adoption
- New Leash on Life: A prison-dog training program, dedicated to improving the life of prisoners and saving the lives of dogs.
- Animal Care and Control Team Philly: Provides shelter, care and life -aving efforts for homeless, abandoned, and abused animals in Philadelphia.
- Primal frozen and freeze-dried raw foods for dogs and cats. In Philadelphia, available at Weavers Way Co-op, Bone Appetite, Buzzy’s Bow Wow Meow in Narberth and many other locations.
- Top Quality Dog Food–frozen raw foods for dogs, available at select locations in Philadelphia. Please see website.
- Pet Omega-3 Formula by Nordic Naturals. Available at Weavers Way Co-op and online. Particularly important for patients struggling with allergic, gastrointestinal and arthritic conditions.
Whole food supplements
- Canine and Feline Whole Body Support by Standard Process. Available through your veterinarian or on their website. Especially great for dogs and cats eating canned or kibble diets.
- Probiotics: Proviable. Available online. Especially good for dogs and cats with digestive issues or individuals who are or have been on antibiotics.
- Cosequin, a glucosamine/chondroitin sulfate combination. Available online. Great for arthritic dogs and cats.